Interim Wound Specialist
Join a team comprised of leading podiatric and vascular surgeons working together to save limbs. This cutting edge facility is equipped with technology and equipment and performing the latest revascularization treatments and procedures.
This position is responsible for the coordination of the inpatient clinical activities:
· Utilization of skills in organizations, implementing, evaluating and providing care as it relates to the age and specific needs of the patient.
· Works within the framework of the California Nurse Practice Act and follows all hospital policies and procedures.
· Complies with hospital, wound are and nursing philosophies/standards in the performance of job duties and responsibilities.
· Supports the goals and objectives of the In-patient component of the Amputation Prevention Center and wound Care Program
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Provides direct patient care to a group of patients while utilizing the nursing process.
· Manages clinical staff, functions, activities and case management development by following the approved Clinical Pathways.
· Provides for education to hospital staff and client personnel, monitors safe practice and develops corrective actions plans.
· Provides continuity of care for patients in collaboration with physicians and staffing with accountability for planning, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wound care involving multiple disciplines and site of care evaluating care given and intervening as necessary.
· Obtains by self-initiative, advanced knowledge and credentials and serves as a role model/educator; implements standards of care and adheres to policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements (e.g. Medicare).
· Implements Quality Management Program with the hospital.
· May assist or participate in providing community education.
· Gains knowledge to be able to assess efficient and cost effective product usage.
· Assists with continuum of care from inpatient to outpatient Amputation Prevention Center and Wound Care Program.
· Initiate a Wound Prevention Program.
· Ongoing nurse education on wounds
· Initiate a diaper free program throughout the adult units.